Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I love the firsts!

Yeah!!! Danika cut her first tooth yesterday! This has been a long awaited milestone since she is almost 13 months now, lol. Hopefully this means she will have healthy teeth!

The twins are daytime potty-trained now! Another big 'Yeah'!!! Still having an accident now and then, but they are doing really well. Potty-training two is very interesting, to say the least, lol. They wanted to go to dance with Daicee really bad, so I told them they had to be potty trained. That was a really good motivator for them! They aren't quite three, yet, so I think they are doing really well! I have found the tool that works best for my kids is finding what motivates them to do it. With Garrisen it was a remote-controlled McQueen car and Daicee wanted a singing barbie. I put them high on a bookshelf so they could see it and once they decided they wanted it bad enough and they weren't going to get it by crying or whining (that took about a week, maybe two), they were each done in a day! Paige and Saige weren't really interested in anything, so I'm glad the dance opportunity came along at the right time. Now we just have night-time to do, but I'm not stressing over that right now. I don't want them getting up at night, yet. Danika is finally sleeping through the night consistently again, so I am taking advantage of sleep!

2 comments:

Phil and Sami Carter said...

That's always nice to get kids potty trained...and it will save ya some money too! Wow first tooth maybe her other ones will come in faster! Ezra already has 6 teeth. How fun for you!

Lara said...

It is pretty exciting to see all of these firsts. Isn't it great being a mom? Congratulations on the potty training thing! That is great!